Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WOW for August 31, 2011

This is my first Blog and WOW post hope you will enjoy seeing what I did this week.  My family and I have been on vacation in Chicago last week we had a wonderful time visiting with my husband’s family and friends.

I decided that vacation would be the perfect opportunity to start the peaceful pathways quilt.  I marked all my word block before I left so I could hand embroider them on the plane and long car rides.  I was able to finish nine of the twelve blocks and I will work to get the rest done this week.  I outlined the words with a simple back stich and did the outer frame with a chain stich to give it a thicker look.  I like the way they are turning out.
Well as fun as vacation is I’m glad to be home.
Regards, Lisa



6 comments:

  1. Congrats Lisa, on creating your first blog, I guess we don't have to be rocket scientists to figure it out, I have yet to create one myself. Love your reds and whites that you picked, and love your embroidery. Heidi in Houston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a WOW alright. I'm still looking at the design. Chrisb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blog world, now just have fun & share with quilter’s family & friends. Your needle work is lovely & what a stack of fabric?????? Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blog land. You blocks are beautiful and your fabrics are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful hand embroidery! Are you going to do inside the letters too? (I haven't started my Peaceful Pathways yet because I haven't decided how I want to do the words.)

    Welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to blog world, I love how you embroidered your letters, I will do the same when I start after my trip to Rome. Did you use DMC thread? You did a wonderful job and I like your red and white fabric.
    Happy stitching

    Paula

    ReplyDelete