Tuesday, November 22, 2011

WOW – November 23rd, 2011

It’s the day before Thanksgiving and I have so much to be grateful for.  I will be spending most of the day cooking and preparing for having twenty four guests tomorrow.  I wish everyone that celebrates Thanksgiving a blessed time with their families and friends.
This week my creative juices were flowing.  I worked like a crazy women on my nephew Dominic’s quilt.  I actually got all the panels done and the entire top put together.  Now I have to decide how to quilt this. With so many different shapes and kind of a dark feel I want to take care that I do not distract form the appliqué. I do know I’m going to quilt with black thread on the border a barbed wire fence, but other than that I’m not sure.  Feel free to give me suggestions in the comments. There are so many very talented quilters in this group.



I finished another Affair of the Heart blocks and I’m about two thirds done with the very last one. I’m getting so excited to finish.  Then I will have to get busy putting it all together and deciding the positioning of the different blocks in the quilt.

I feel bad that I have not had time to work on my Peaceful Pathways quilt It’s been really wonderful to see others progress.  I have had to work on my projects according to their deadlines.  I hate having deadlines but Dominic quilt is already three months late. Maybe it will be done for Christmas since I missed his birthday. 
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
God Bless,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Quilt looks fantastic. Have a great thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you really are on a quilting roll, wish I had that much out put at the moment. Love the latest Affairs of the Heart block Cheers Glenda.

    ReplyDelete