Tuesday, January 31, 2012

WOW – February 1, 2012

Last week was so crazy I didn't have time to do a post so this week I’m playing catch-up. We ended up snowed in for most of the entire week so I got lots of work done on my AOTH border.  I can’t believe how long all the embroidery is taking.  I think I have put at least 60 hours of work on this in the last 14 days. I really do like how it’s turning out. I still have a lot of embroidery to do on the corners. I’m hoping to be done with the border in the next few days.



I finally went and got Dominic’s quilt back from him so I could get some photos of it and show it to everyone in my quilt guild. I’m proud of this quilt because it’s my first original design and a one of a kind.




Last week was the elections for my guild and now I’m the treasurer.  Well I guess it’s in my wheel house but sometimes you would like to do a different job for your hobby then you do all day at work.
I also finished the challenge quilt I’m going to put in the quilt show.  They gave you a paint chip and you had to use that as the primary color in the quilt and use its complement and have a leaf some ware in the quilt.  This was the first time I did a scalloped border. I also did some sequence and beading.  I’m really happy with it overall I think it has a very happy feel to it.

Hopefully by next week I will be ready to start quilting. Have a wonderful week.
Regards,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Your challenge turned out very nice. I love all the applique also that you are doing.
    Good for you making your own design for Dominic's quilt. Am glad you can show it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the swallow quilt Lisa, all those gorgeous greens and fabulous waterlily outer border makes a wonderful quilt. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete