Wednesday, February 8, 2012

WOW- February 8, 2012

Another week gone by and I have been very busy.  I completely finished my Affairs of the Heart quilt top.  My quilt’s name is “Hearts in Paris” thanks to the wonderful Parisville fabric I used by Tulia Pink. While everyone was watching the Super Bowl on Sunday I was sewing the back to my quilt.  I had experimented with a pieced border originally but then decided the whole quilt needed to be needle turn.  So I used some of my experiments on the back and the left over material.  The back looks like a modern quilt.  My husband helped me get the quilt sandwiched yesterday now I have to wait for the thread that I ordered.  It should come in two days.
AOTH quilt back

Since I could not start quilting I decided to work on my Peaceful Pathways quilt for the next few days and see how much I can get done.  I finished all the corners last night that I still needed the hearts sewn on.   Tonight I will put the first border on, by next week I should have a lot more to show everyone on this quilt. 

Have a wonderful week of sewing.
Regards
Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh they look fantastic. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fabulous!! Can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty heart blocks. Fun back, too - hubbies that help make sandwiches are AWESOME, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you did with putting the hearts, it looks really pretty! I look forward to seeing the finish quilt:>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lovely heart corners, have you hand embroidered them or machine, little appliqué hearts look so cute. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete