Wednesday, May 2, 2012

WOW-May 2, 2012

I have not posted a WOW for over five week.  I have been so busy with work, kids and yes sewing that something has prevented me from getting it done. 
So I have a lot of catching up to do.  At the end of March my quit guild had its annual quilt show.  I entered my Affairs of the Heart quilt names “Hearts in Paris” and I won 1st place for applique I was so excited for my first needle turn and my first time entering a quilt in a show.   Then the next week I entered the same quilt in another local quilt show and won best in show. They still have my quilt and I should be able to get it back this weekend.

 













Last weekend my husband was out of town spending some time with his parents and I used my time to finish up a few projects.  First I finished embroidery that I’m going to use to make a bag for my sister for her birthday. (Good thing she does not read my blog) I still have some beading to do.

Then I finished a bag that was a sampler project from the Rami Kim workshop that I attended about four weeks ago.  It was really fun and I’m going to be teaching a few of the techniques that I learned to my art quilt group.




Last night I spent about two hours putting together half square triangles so I can finish my last border on my peaceful pathways quilt.  I have to get this finished by July because it’s a wedding gift for my niece.  

Lastly I wanted to comment on everyone’s progress on Esther’s Forget Me Not quilt.  I have decided to not participate even though I originally was going to.  I have been just too busy to start another project.  I’m saving the patterns and maybe I will be able to make one eventually.  Everyone it doing beautiful work and I look forward to seeing everyone blocks as they complete them. Just wanted to say great job everyone!!!!!!
Regards
Lisa Mortell

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is amazing congratulations, I am sure you could have floated on air with excitement. Would love to see some closeup photos.
    Enjoy the glory for your hard work.
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the awards! Each block you shared with us was awesome-you deserve it! And glad to see the finished quilt. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete