Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WOW – March 6, 2013


I have been making lots of progress on all my UFO’s  I have only one top left to finish and once that is done I will have three completed tops to quilt. I’m motivated to get all my UFO’s done because I have decided not to start any new projects until they are finished. 

Last week I finished the quilting on the 5th quilt this year. This quilt was a block of the month project that I started exactly two years ago. (January 2011) I had just been quilting for a few months and was excited to sign up for everything. I finished the top last September and hung it up on the back of my door for quilting. Well there is hung with so many other projects to work on.  So now it’s finished and for the most part I’m very happy with this quilt. I used a swirly quilting design that I have not ever done before for the background and a more structured lines and grid work for the houses.  I used wool batting and it has a very nice feel to it. This quilt is going to live at my mom’s house as soon as I bring it for show and tell. 

 

 

 
 
I also finished putting together one of the two unfinished tops that I had started over a year ago.  (March 2011) This is a Judy Niemeyer pattern. This was a class that I took to learn paper piecing to make the bug jar quilt for my nephew. Well that quilt was done long ago and this quilt was forgotten in a bin. I had all the blocks done but the quilt was not assembled and the paper was not removed.  I spent two day removing the paper and putting this quilt top together. For the most part I have to say I do not like this quilt at all.  All the fabrics on their own are beautiful but it’s just too busy together and I hate the green sashing that I picked. I wish it was more of an olive tone. This was done with two jelly rolls per the pattern.  So now I’m hanging it up behind the door for quilt. 

 

This is my last top to finish I also started this January 2011.  Do you think I got a little excited and started to many project.  Hopefully I will get this finished this week and then started on the quilting of the tops.

 
Regards
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Your machine quilting is second to none, and so well created. What type of a machine do you use, and does it have built in stitches etc. Love your designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I free motion quilted useing my Bernina Artista 200 no stitch regulator. I also used wool batting it really lets you see the quilting. I did this quilt without marking for the straight lines I used some quilters tape.

      Delete
  2. Oh my word your quilting is just wonderful. Love the house quilt . It is very inviting.
    Great work.
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete