Wednesday, January 13, 2016

WOW – January 13, 2016


My first blog post of 2016!  I’m hoping this year to take time to post to my blog. Our family has had a very nice holiday season and we finally finished our house remodel what a burden off our shoulders.  As nice as it is to have the house all new cooking all your meals on a camp stove in the garage really sucks.  Everything turned out great and we are all getting use to the differences. 

I have been sewing quite a bit over the last few months with a few things to share with you.  First I made a small bag for my husband to give a coworker for her birthday.  I love the trim. 
 

Next over the New Year’s weekend I made myself a new sewing bag.  This was the first time I used this pattern and I would do a few things differently but overall I’m really happy with how it turned out and it was a great use for this fabric I had just purchased. 



 

Well I just wanted to say I’m really happy that Esther’s group has moved to Facebook.  So much easier to communicate with people real-time. Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

God Bless

Lisa Mortell

 

5 comments:

  1. These are great bags. Did you use a pattern? Or make it up as you went along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the pattern Maker's Tote by Noodlehead. It's a very good pattern but if I made it again I would add a concealed Top Edge zipper (page 88 from Bag Making Bible) so when it's closed you have more space between the two sides. I'm thinking of making another on in the small size to use as a purse. I'm using this one for my hand sewing.

      Delete
    2. For the first little make up bag I don't use a pattern I must have made at least 50 of these and they all turn out a little different depending on the trim or the material or the zipper.

      Delete
  2. That sewing bag is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of the bags are just gorgeous, and beautifully sewn! Love, love, love them! Look forward to seeing more of your posts...

    ReplyDelete